Shabby Chic Background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Comet Ping Pong



I had to visit Comet Ping Pong for my precedent project and I'm glad Eric put this on the list because it was a great place! This awesome juxtaposition of urban interiors, gourmet pizza, and ping pong. There are a number of great modern architectural elements that Core Architecture incorporated into the design of the space. Below are some of my favorite shots...


exterior shot. Sign is from Comet Liquors in Adams Morgan. The owner found it and it became a motif in the space

steel planters filled with bamboo define the outdoor patio

Ceiling art installation. Reminds me of something you would find at a railroad junction or an oil rig

the interior walls were stripped to reveal layers of colored plaster. It reminds me of an old seedy gym

steel lighting

the skylights and comet motif near the bar

Love the random array of thrift chairs

photo wall of everyone who had a hand making the restaurant a reality

art mural in the ping pong area

grout of plaster and exposed brick wall


Look at the pizza oven! Its in the shape of a giant comet!

No comments:

Post a Comment