Shabby Chic Background

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Freer Gallery of Art

I visited the Freer Gallery of Art for an art history course I'm taking and I saw some really great things while exploring it and the National Mall. I saw some really great uses of brick, stone, brass, steel, and wood...

The Smithsonian Castle facade

National Museum of African Art - didn't get a chance to go in but I'm planning on going back

castle elevation

Interesting flowers I saw hanging in the Haupt Garden



gravel close up
Brass clad drinking fountain


Museum lobby, coffered ceiling

Detail of ceiling

Courtyard of museum- peacocks used to roam here when the museum first opened

Harmony in Blue and Gold: The Peacock Room designed by James McNeill Whistler

detail of one of the shelves in the Peacock Room

Desk
Foot of wooden warrior

Warrior statue




Sculpture garden

Steel tree in sculpture garden








No comments:

Post a Comment